Probus Perth: PostponedAt Lake Karrinyup Country Club (LKCC):May 1st, 1901Meetings at LKCC postponed until further notice
- 38,909 hits
Probus Perth News (Posts):
- All Club activities postponed until further notice …
- The role of new ‘reporter’ was overlooked today . . .
- A new Calendar page has been added …
- Pokeweed: alert . . . read more
- Our recent Pearce Base visit . . . read more
- For those attending two outings, payment is now due . . .
- Two new club groups are trying out. Read more . . .
- Our tour of Optus Stadium . . . see more
- PAWA has its annual North Metropolitan Information & Friendship Day in April . . .
- PAWA AGM Notice, for March 2018 . . .
- Photos of our Christmas party are now posted . . .
- Pre-advice for our 2017 Christmas Party . . .
- World Café Forum. Read more. . .
- Our two outings coming up . . .
- Two newly inducted members, and others . . .
- The birds and trees of Lake Karrinyup Country Club . . .
- The 2017 Southwest Get-together is at Bridgetown in October. Details here . . .
- Win a Villa holiday for two; read more . . .
- We visit The Mint on 1 September. Read more . . .
- Visit The National Anzac Centre, Albany . . .
Author Archives: probusperthwa
A Letter from our President Due to the current difficulties in the community with the Corona Virus, we propose to postpone all Club activities until further notice. This has become necessary due to the closure of LKCC to large group … Continue reading
Unfilled role for 2020: ‘Reporter’ Unfortunately, I forgot to inform Leslie that Ray Purdy has retired after many years’ admirable service as ‘reporter’. You can see what Ray provided each month as reporter simply by looking at the ‘Recent Speakers‘ … Continue reading
A new calendar page of Probus Club of Perth events for the remainder of 2019 has been added to the website. Go to Calendar of Events.
Biosecurity alert: Pokeweed Pokeweed (Phytolacca americana) is a declared plant that is toxic to both humans and livestock. It is also an environmental weed, and can impact agricultural activities where it can contaminate produce. The weed was found in December 2018 … Continue reading
RECENT VISIT TO PEARCE AIRFORCE BASE. Secretary Kevin has provided a few interesting pictures of our recent visit. Click on the Recent Events page to view them.
FORTHCOMING OUTINGS Information for members: NOBLE FALLS ESTATE: Wednesday 29th August $65.00 SIMON & GARFUNKEL STORY: Sunday 2nd September $79.00 For those attending these outings, payment is now due. Payment may be made by cash or cheque at our next meeting … Continue reading
Probus Perth is trying two new groups – Coffee and Walking – in the near future. Click on the Happenings Page under NEW GROUPS STARTING to find out more.
Recent Tour of Optus Stadium A busload of us recently enjoyed an excellent tour of Perth’s new Optus Stadium, followed by lunch nearby afterwards. As you can see on the new page, the weather was perfect. The numbers of Eagles … Continue reading
CHRISTMAS, 2017 at Probus Perth Photos of our recent Christmas party are now posted, provided courtesy of Hamish. Simply click on our Christmas party or go to the captioned page under “Happenings”. Compliments of the season to you and your … Continue reading
Lex D. de Jong, Research Fellow, Curtin University writes: As you probably know, every year one in three people aged 60 years and above fall over, resulting in falls being the leading cause of injury and death among older adults. … Continue reading
Two Outings, Soon: The trip to Cynthia’s Garden, and Yanchep National Park, is on Thursday 12 October, bus leaving LKCC at 9.30. ________________ At WAAPA, Mt Lawley, Hamish has organised tickets for Spring Sonatas Wednesday 1 November, dinner at the … Continue reading
A FEW PHOTOS from our August Meeting 1. Newly inducted members Monique Llanes and Dorothy Pasaila-Savona, pictured with or Membership Officer, Peter Wesley. Monique and Dorothy join another eight newly welcomed members to the club so far this year. … Continue reading
The Birds and Trees of Lake Karrinyup Country Club Our member John Taylor has drawn attention to these interesting links regarding the birds and trees to be found at our traditional meeting venue. To find out more about the birds, … Continue reading
PROBUS CLUB OF PERTH Have you ever seen a ‘Gold Pour’? Do you want to get your hands on a bar of Gold? Do you like Chocolate? Now is your opportunity to experience all of the above on same day … Continue reading
The National Anzac Centre, Albany In late 1914, over 41,000 Australians and New Zealanders sailed from King George Sound, Albany, bound for the First World War. The National Anzac Centre, opened in November 2014, is dedicated to telling their story, … Continue reading